Search This Blog and The Web

Simple Crocheted Headband

Almost a year ago I videotaped my simplest crocheted headband I came up with in one of my AHA moments (you can click HERE for the video). I knew it will be a really great and very easy project for beginner crocheters, which in turn will encourage them to keep crocheting more projects. You know - you start really small projects and a year later you are crocheting (or knitting) more complex items. And as many of you know it is great for your brain and excellent calming medicine. Today I had someone ask me in the post under the video if I have a written pattern. Which I didn't. Soooooo, I decided to write one quick post, while one of my new knit along videos is uploading (if interested, you can visit my Youtube Channel).

So here we go - the simple headband:

Materials (if you shop via affiliated links below you could help fund my future projects, TXS):
Michaels on line store, OR Hobby Lobby, OR Jo-Ann Fabrics, OR Walmart
  • any yarn you want
  • hook that is recommended by manufacturer
  • ponytail elastic
  • scissors
  • needle (optional)

Step-by-step:

First make a slip knot, then insert the slip knot into an the elastic and start row 

Row 1     make ch1 around the elastic and then one more ch; make 6 sc sts around the elastic, turn
Row 2     make ch3, skip 2 sts and make cluster: [2 dc into 3rd st, ch1, 2dc into same st], 1 dc into                  ch at the end, turn
Row 3    ch3, then cluster into ch from previous cluster, 1 dc at the end into ch3 

Repeat Row 3 as many times as needed

Finishing:

When you have desired length (including elastic) fold headband in half, make last stitch longer by pulling it higher, turn the headband so the elastic is facing you, place the long stitch into the elastic, then insert the hook back into the stitch, make ch1, then continue crocheting through the stitches from previous row and around the elastic - make 6 sc (= one sc into each st). When finished, cut off your yarn and weave in all the ends.


DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page and in which row by clicking
 HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************

Free knitting patterns/videos you may enjoy checking out:

Baby Blue Blanket and Green Scarf (lacy pattern)
Knitted Poncho-Shrug
Reversible Knitted Holiday Scarf
"Summer Rain" Halter Top (M size)
Cerulean Hat
Poncho
Knitted Long Basic Mittens (adult)
Basic Knitted Fingerless Gloves (adult)
Knitted Striped Fingerless Gloves (adult)
Charcoal Hat With Rolled Up Edge (youth/adult)
Spring To Fall Lacy Hat (youth/adult)

Other crocheted items you may want to check out if you crochet too

Easy Lacey Bracelet With Pearl Beads
Crocheted Boobies (Prosthetics)
Crocheted Fingerless Gloves (adult)
Three Summer Crocheted Hats For Babies
Crocheted Spring Hat (youth/adult)
Crocheted Hat With Raised Design (Youth)
Chicken Placemat For Kids
Simple Crocheted Headband
Simple Crocheted Coasters

Crocheted or Knitted Baby Crowns

Crocheted Crown For a Child (easy free pattern)
Crown Knitted On Straight needles (pattern & video)

*********************************************************

Copyright page - click HERE

PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)