Search This Blog and The Web

Soakers “Holy Guacamole” - Free Pattern For Diaper Cover For 0-3

The other day one of my viewers saw my "thick yarn diaper cover video" and asked for a pattern where I use a thinner yarn. About a month ago I knitted this unisex "diaper cover" and as I knitted I penned down my pattern. Since the viewer was interested in thinner soakers, I looked up this project in my files and decided to finally publish it if just in a written word.

It is knitted from cotton yarn, that is approximately thick just like a worsted yarn #4.

I think this diaper would fit most likely a baby about 3 months old, or a big newborn, or a small 6 months old baby...

Enjoy.

Size:
Newborn

Measurements:
Waist - 14”
Rise - 14” (measured from the top of the diaper in front all the way to the top of the diaper in back)

Material:
Lily, “Sugar’n Cream”, color “Guacamole”, 2oz./56.7g, aprox 95 yds/86 m
Needles size US 8 (5 mm)
Sewing needle 2 Buttons

Gauge:
4” x 4” = 16 sts x 28 rows (in seed stitch pattern)

Abbreviations:
CO - cast on
K - knit
P - purl
SLS - slip the last stitch from left needle onto right needle with yarn in front
K2tog - knit two stitches together
P2tog - purl two stitches together
m1R - make one stitch to the right (right increase)
m1L - make one stitch to the left (left increase)
BO - bind off


Step-by-Step Directions:
Foundation Row - CO 30 st




Front Waist
Row 1-8                K1, *K1, P1* - repeat to last stitch, then either K1 or SLS

Front: 

Row 9                   K1, *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last stitch, then either K1 or SLS
Row 10                *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last 2 stitches, then either K2 or K1 and SLS

Repeat Rows 9 and 10 until your knitted part measures about 5.5” in length (including the waist) - for me it was eleven more times (Rows 11 through 32)

Crotch part:

Row 33                 K1, P2tog, *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last 3 stitches, then K2tog, and either K1 or SLS
Row 34                 K1, *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last stitch, then either K1 or SLS
Row 35                 K1, K2tog, *[P1, K1]* - repeat to last 3 stitches, then P2tog, and either K1 or SLS
Row 36                 *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last 2 stitches, then K1, and either K1 or SLS
Row 37                 K1, P2tog, *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last 3 stitches, then K2tog, and either K1 or SLS
Row 38                 K1, *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last stitch, then either K1 or SLS
Row 39                 K1, K2tog, *[P1, K1]* - repeat to last 3 stitches, then P2tog, and either K1 or SLS
Row 40                 *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last 2 stitches, then K1, and either K1 or SLS
Row 41                 K1, *K1, P1* - repeat to last stitch, then either K1 or SLS
Row 42                 *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last 2 stitches, then either K2 or K1 and SLS
Row 43                 K1, *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last stitch, then either K1 or SLS
Row 44                 *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last 2 stitches, then either K2 or K1 and SLS

Back:

Row 45-54           K1, m1R, *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last stitch, then m1L and either K1 or SLS
Row 55                K1, m1R, *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last stitch, then m1L and either K1 or SLS
Row 56                K1,*[K1, P1]* - repeat to last stitch, then K1 or SLS
Row 57                K1, m1R, *[P1, K1]* - repeat to last stitch, then m1L and either K1 or SLS
Row 58                K1,*[P1, K1]* - repeat to last stitch, then K1 or SLS

Repeat Rows 55-58  five more times (Rows 59 through 78)

Back Waist:

Row 79-81          K1, *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last stitch, then either K1 or SLS
Row 82               K2, P1, YO2x, P2tog, *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last 6 stitches, then P2tog, YO2x, P1,                               K1, P1, and either K1 or SLS
Row 83               K2, P1, K1, unroll one YO and then P1 (makes bigger hole), *[K1, P1]* - repeat to                              last 5 stitches, then K1, unroll one YO and then P1 (makes bigger hole), P1, K1, P1,                            then either K1 or SLS
Row 84-85         K1, *[K1, P1]* - repeat to last stitch, then either K1 or SLS
Row 86              BO all sts

Finishing:
Weave in both ends, and sew on 2 buttons.

***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)






Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, so please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.