Search This Blog and The Web

Easy Crochet Snowflake No 6

I love to crochet snowflakes - make them as I go. And it is that time of the year again - making winter decorations. Over the years I made many different "freehand" snowflakes. What I mean by that is that I didn't follow any patterns and I didn't write a pattern either. Today I present you a free pattern of a crocheted snowflake and a videotape of my outcome. I love to decorate my house with snowflakes in the winter time.
you can crochet snowflakes from a thin cotton yarn/thread or thick one. Your choice. I do prefer the thin cotton thread - they are much daintier.

If you would like to subscribe to my YouTube Channel then click HERE.

Huge "thank yous" to all my wonderful followers for sharing my projects.
Enjoy, and have fun knitting or crocheting :-)

Materials (if you shop via affiliated links below you could help fund my future projects TXS):
Michaels online store, OR Hobby Lobby, OR Jo-Ann Fabrics, OR Walmart 

Size:
Varies according to a yarn/thread weight (thickness)

Abbreviations:
ch - chain
sc - single crochet
dc - double crochet
join - connect into a circle
sl st - slip stitch

Materials:
Thicker Yarn - Paton's Grace Cotton Yarn (few feet)
Hook - Stainless Size C (2.75mm)
OR
Thinner Yarn/Thread - Aunt Lydia's  Crochet Thread No. 10
Hook - Stainless Steel Size 7 (1.65mm)
AND
Scissors
Cooked Thick Starch (video)
Stainless Steel Pins
Pads/Plastic For Blocking


Step-by-Step:

Foundation: ch7 and connect into a circle with sl. st.
Note: I make my connecting slip stitches tight so I do not count them as an extra stitch.

Rnd 1               ch1, 12 sc, sl st into ch1 to connect into circle (Note: if you crochet over the tail, you won't have to weave it in later)
Rnd 2               ch3, 1 dc into 1st st, ch2; *[skip 1 st, 2 dc into next st, ch2]* - 5x; sl st into third ch of initial ch3 to connect into circle
Rnd 3               *{ch10, sl st into 4th ch st from hook, *[ch4, sl st into same st]* - 2x; ch6, sl st into second dc from prev row; 2 sc into ch2-sp from prev row, ch4, sl st into last crocheted sc, 2 sc  into ch2-sp from prev row, sl st into next dc from prev row}* - repeat all in { } brackets 5 more times (total 6x)

Finishing - weave in your tail(s), starch it, stretch it into the snowflake shape on a non-sticky surface, let it dry, decorate or give it as a gift.


***

DID YOU FIND ERRORS? Let me know on what page of my blog, and in which row by clicking HERE, and I will fix it as soon as I get to it. You can PM me on my FB Page HERE as well. Txs!
Also if you haven't subscribed to my HandmadeRukodelky Channel, you can do it HERE. There are many videos to be seen, too.

*******************************************************************************


Copyright page - click HERE



PLEASE, COMMENT ON YOUTUBE BELOW MY VIDEOS, AND/OR SHARE YOUR IMAGES OF YOUR RECREATED WORKS ON MY FB PAGE HERE :-)




Note: Most of the time I work as fast as I can to keep up with knitting and crocheting requests. I have to videotape, edit videos, then convert them & upload them to my channel. After that often I post on my blog patterns. I answer many questions, which means that often I work up to 16 hours a day. I would tremendously appreciate IF anyone of you who finds an error in the written pattern, to please, let me know - where (what rows) and what may be the problem. Many future knitters & crocheters from our artsy and crafty virtual world will thank you for your good deed, including myself.